SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ASI 1600 driver not working with Windows II

Rodd

My camera wont work--The ASI driver is not working properly.  The camera turns on, but there is a huge pedastal added to each sub.  a 5 sec sub of a dark sky comes out at 51,000.   No matter the length of teh sub--its 51,000.  The driver is not providing access to gain and offset.  Moving the gain slider does not change gain.  I have tried everything.  ZWO does not get back to me.  Has anybody had a 3-4 year old ASI 1600, gotten a new laptop that required downloading all new drivers and software and had had a similar problem?  Everything else is working--but I am out of commission becuase the damned driver wont work.   I tried an older version of teh driver off another old laptop and it didn't work either.   The camera works--stars are visible--but the pedastal prevents imaging.  Anybody?

Edited by Rodd

51 minutes ago, Rodd said:

My camera wont work--The ASI driver is not working properly.  The camera turns on, but there is a huge pedastal added to each sub.  a 5 sec sub of a dark sky comes out at 51,000.   No matter the length of teh sub--its 51,000.  The driver is not providing access to gain and offset.  Moving the gain slider does not change gain.  I have tried everything.  ZWO does not get back to me.  Has anybody had a 3-4 year old ASI 1600, gotten a new laptop that required downloading all new drivers and software and had had a similar problem?  Everything else is working--but I am out of commission becuase the damned driver wont work.   I tried an older version of teh driver off another old laptop and it didn't work either.   The camera works--stars are visible--but the pedastal prevents imaging.  Anybody?

Fully uninstal the drivers and start again. Are you running Windows 11? Or 10 and have you tried different capture software. Have you correctly installed the ascom platform? 

15 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Fully uninstal the drivers and start again. Are you running Windows 11? Or 10 and have you tried different capture software. Have you correctly installed the ascom platform? 

Did all that--Ascom, Windows, Maxim, and all other software working properly.  Camera does not work with any capture software except ZWOs in house software--as far as I can tell--That is a starnge platform that I am not very failiar with.  .

7 hours ago, Rodd said:

Did all that--Ascom, Windows, Maxim, and all other software working properly.  Camera does not work with any capture software except ZWOs in house software--as far as I can tell--That is a starnge platform that I am not very failiar with.  .

Try something with native ZWO camera support. Not sure if maxim does.