SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kemble 1 and NGC 1502 (Kemble's Cascade) - Tak 130D first light

GalaxyGael

Got two half-nights recently to get first light on the Tak Epsilon 130D. One with full moon, the other with no moon. Tested gain  0 on the ASI2600MC Pro.

Decided to image Kemble's cascade as it looks great through an eyepiece in a nice triplet and was nice and high in the sky for my vantage. The scope holds focus remarkably well.

Tak Epsilon 130D

ASI2600MC Pro, Gain 0, -10C

64 x 180s and 80 x 90s

Processed entirely in APP.

743b9d83-e150-4c3c-83a7-8cc2e7386304.thumb.jpg.c8e44eb9c77fac1f4c9016e550c2b889.jpg

• Like 17

10 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Great first light, congrats on the purchase and the corners look great.👍 How have you found it so far?

Thanks Richard. Like it so far, hassle free really. Primary collimation was perfect on arrival and bolted on like pieces of a car engine - very solid. Same with secondary, cannot move them with my hands. It was out a tiny bit, one tweak of one screw and everything was centered and concentric, cannot see how it would budge on its own. The new version focuser rotates without collimation loss. Never came across a newt with such a rigid mirror setup.  Corners are OK, still a bit of tilt in the camera, there is a clear gap on one side of the tilt plate that was needed to get everything more or less flat that I found some months ago. 56.2mm backfocus, or thereabouts, seems fine. Small tweak and its done with the tilt. Other than that, holds focus very well and like the smaller size.