Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First time M1 Crab Nebula

Peter_D

Hi,

I have a new to me SW ED80 on an upgraded Vixen GP mount.. Here's 50 minutes of unguided 27s subs ( set intervalometer wrongly!)  at iso800 using my un-modded Canon 60D. I used no filters but was helped by no Moon in my Bortle 5/6 skies. I obviously cropped it a lot too 🙂

I'm really enjoying the ED80 after my initial attempts at DS AP using SCTs.

Clear skies

Peter

post-299126-0-27876500-1646259864~6.jpeg

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

A very pleasing result for I guess 100 x 27s subs. I started with an ED80 - almost wish now I hadn't sold it!

Do you have plans to get guiding up and running? You will be on to a winner if you do :)

Adrian

Thanks. It's funny because a lot of the posts I was looking at regarding the SW  tended to be 2015/16/17 - it seems a lot of people start off with it before upgrading. 

I usually do ST-4 guiding but yesterday I was a bit short for time during setup and just went with it unguided as the stars images looked ok. I probably should have set it up in retrospect.

Edited by Peter_D
  • Like 1