Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wolverhampton A.S. Free talk Monday 7th March

On Monday 7th March, Wolverhampton Astronomical Society is holding their annual free public lecture on.  (poster attached).
As this is a free event please share with anyone that you feel might be interested.

The talk will be by Fran Bagenal who is Asst. Director for Planetary Science at the Laboratory for Atmospheric & Space Physics, at the University of Colorado.  Fran has had a pretty impressive career, she's now doing research and is professor emerita at the University of Colorado in Boulder which is where the talk is coming from (it'll be lunchtime there).  I got in touch with her a couple of years ago when I was preparing my talk on the Voyager missions.  Her love is Jupiter but she's worked on Voyager, Galileo, Deep Space 1, New Horizons etc etc. and chaired NASA's Outer Planet Assessment Group.
Throw some tricky questions at her and she'll love it.  She's got a great sense of humour too!!

The lecture will be about an hour in length on YouTube:

Then after the talk (not before) we will open up a Zoom Q&A session with the speaker:

Meeting ID: 894 3002 8493
Passcode: 059920

Paul Pope 2022 Fran Bagenal poster v3.pdf