SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A few EAA captures from Sunday evening

PatG

Hi All

Here are a few captures from this evening. A bit rusty as it has been a few years since I last did some EAA.

I started off the evening with some visual astronomy, mainly in and around Gemini and Eastern side of Orion as restricted field of view from my back garden. Mainly looking at double stars and the brighter clusters. 

As everything was working well, and alignment seemed OK, so after an hour or so, I slewed to Betelgeuse and swapped the eyepiece for the Lodestar Mono x2, and connected up to laptop in doors running starlight live.

A quick manual focus looking at the laptop screen through the kitchen door and I was good to go!

These are the results:

M1 - The Crab Nebula

NGC 2403 Galaxy in Camelopardalis

M81 - Bodes

M82 - Cigar

How wonderful to be able to see stuff like this through the light pollution of Central London! Only a brief session as work tomorrow but I got my fix. 

NGC2403 Galaxy.png

M82.Cigar.Galaxy_2022.2.27_21.01.36.png

Bodes Galaxy M81.png

The Crab M1 Image_2022.2.27_20.19.09.png

• Like 5

Great images Pat. I started EAA 2 years ago and was immediately amazed at the detail  and colour you can see in objects.  Once I saw what a camera could achieve over an eyepiece, I immediately purchased a Celestron focuser. Now I can sit in a warm room and observe all night long while my poor scope has to endure the cold 😃