Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any idea what i captured?

ShellofStoke

hi,can anyone tell me what any of these are please? (if it lets me upload them)I had just attached my phone to my telescope,and pressed record,about 3 seconds after the fone screen went brighter,and i saw something just zoom past really fast on the screen,

20210619_181730.gif

2350.jpg

IMG_20211223_203630.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-21-21-46-01-616.jpg

You look out of focus on the main target (possibly a star);  the object moving past is similarly out of focus so an accurate ident would be difficult. You will get a lot of speculation covering anything from Chinese lantern to a different form of Chinese lantern or the reflection from the light of your phone camera. Pressing the camera lens to the eyepiece can be a bit hit and mis - you really need to hold it steady at the sweet spot. You may want to see if you can get a hold of a mobile phone/eyepiece cradle that will position the camera properly. 

Persevere though because you can get really good images using a mobile phone. Try practicing on the crescent moon to experiment with focus and exposure settings. Good luck . 

Jim 

Edited by saac