Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Hunter and the Lighthouse

Happisburgh Lighthouse, what amazing skies there are on the Norfolk coast. I took the risk of driving 3hrs to the coast on Tuesday after work with the prediction of it being clear and thankfully it was.

Foreground one single 20 sec exposure, the sky- tracked and stacked with approximately 1 hours worth of 90 sec subs at iso 1600 f2.8 at 16mm. I'm pretty impressed by the Fuji XT-2 considering its not modified!.

The reflection was created by a mirror I took with me.

The-Hunterandthe-Lighthouse.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 27

• Rustang changed the title to The Hunter and the Lighthouse
8 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

That's a cracker.  Nicely planned, executed and processed. The clouds played ball too, don't you just love it when a plan comes together...

It's been amazing recently with clear skies, I just need to catch up on sleep as I'm shattered with the long nights and all the driving. Worth it though 😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

I know the feeling.  I've been shooting some deep sky over the last few nights, two rigs running.  Both on ASIAir but not got my head down until 3am.  Now I'm processing...  Might save some for the cloudy nights.

I get to excited to see what I've captured though! 😊

• Haha 1

Absolutely beautiful!! Love it. That’s a location I have on my list for this year. So many possibilities.

Love the nebulosity.

How did you find the skies there? I know an aurora photographer from that neck of the woods who’s warned me that looking south the lights from the village can be intrusive. But your image looks very clean.

• Thanks 1

The Skies are dark and beautiful but yes some sky glow still about but not to bad. You can see the glow from the South above the rocks in the image but this was tammed when blending in the tracked sky.

You can see Andromeda and the milkway just in this single 20 sec exposure facing North

exposure example.jpg

Edited by Rustang

• 2 weeks later...