Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

VdB 10 and LBN 679 in Perseus

gorann

These are some rather faint and rarely imaged nebulae south of the Soul Nebula. I found them surfing Aladin Sky Atlas (DSS2 data) and on Astrobin I can only find one image of the blue reflection nebula VdB 10 (aka LBN680) and none of the red nebulae, so these may be Astrobin Debut objects (as Gary Imms call it). It may be because they are quite faint and best suited for a very fast wide field telescope like the RASA. The large nebula on the bottom left may not have any designation in Lynds' catalogues (at least none is found by the advanced plate solving on Astrobin) but is part of Sh2-202. I find again that the NBZ filter is quite good at picking up blue reflection in addition to Oiii,

I collected 188 subs duing the whole night but decided to only use the first 88 before the moon came up, as it clearly made the subs a bit washed out.

Data collected 21 Feb 2022 with my dual-RASA8 rig with ASI2600MC and IDAS NBZ filter (Ha and Oiii) sitting on a Mesu 200. 88 x 5 min, so 7.3 hours (gain 100, offset 30, -15°C). Processed in PI and PS.

Cheers

Göran

20220221-2 VdB10&LBN679-680 RASA PS25smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 13.24.34.png

Edited by gorann
  • Like 8