Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula

vineyard

Hello,

Took my laptop on recent travels and managed to process my first ever attempt at Rosette.  This is 9h47 of OSC data (ASI294MCPro) taken with Astronomik UHC & CLSCCD filters double-stacked.  An old TV102iis scope - f/8.6 native but reduced & flattened to f/6.8.  But even so, the combination of the FOV & the camera sensor size mean that the Rosette can't fit fully in, but I'm still quite happy w what has emerged.  I cropped top & bottom a sliver to take out effects of different days (can only get about 2-3h of data on a given day due to trees etc) and a bit left & right to remove some gradients that were there (from memory from the direction the moon was in).

Three images below (JPG'd for size) - the first a partially star-reduced one, the second a more star-reduced one to draw out the nebulosity further, and the third the non-star reduced one.  I think this target definitely benefits from some star reduction to bring out the nebular features more - I like how the Bok objects stand out & there are definitely regions I'd like to look at more deeply with a larger aperture some day...ah well.

All c&c welcome.

Cheers,

Vin

Rosette_Nebula_9h47_DBE1_starreduced_watermarked.jpg

Rosette_Nebula_9h47_DBE1_more starreduced_watermarked.jpg

Rosette_Nebula_9h47_DBE1_watermarked.jpg

• Like 7