Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is my iOptron SkyFi a dud one?

callisto

Hi everyone,

Purchased one of these from FLO a while ago now for my CEM25P but just tried to use it for the first time and NOTHING! :BangHead:

It's constantly got the red light on and when I'm trying to connect the wifi its saying "connected but no internet"

I've tried everything but alas, no luck!....so, have I got a faulty adapter?

I'm gonna message FLO with the piccies (as below) but like I said I got it last year.

Thanks,

Mark 🥺

wifi1.jpg

wifi2.jpg

wifi3.jpg

19 hours ago, callisto said:

Anyone from FLO on today?

Mark.

Typically you are connecting to these devices via their own network (I have a Celestron Skyportal and AZ-GTI) so it is quite correct that it says connected, no internet.  Once connected, you should be be able to control the mount using skysafari or whatever software you prefer. You will need to specify the mount and control settings in your software first -the starfi manual has an example of this.

Hi, thanks for your reply,

I've tried to connect through skysafari via the mount details/IP address etc but cannot connect message keeps popping up... the light in the adapter stays red All the time and does not flicker green at all?

Mark.

4 hours ago, callisto said:

Hi, thanks for your reply,

I've tried to connect through skysafari via the mount details/IP address etc but cannot connect message keeps popping up... the light in the adapter stays red All the time and does not flicker green at all?

Mark.

Can you get onto the admin page for the starfi - http://10.10.100.254 (both user id and password are admin according to the manual). This would at least confirm the starfi is working beyond letting you connect - then at least you know it is a case of working through and just checking the settings again in the app. 

Do you have a laptop you can try connecting with, it might let you confirm that the starfi is working ok if you can connect using windows.

On 20/02/2022 at 19:56, Shimrod said:

Can you get onto the admin page for the starfi - http://10.10.100.254 (both user id and password are admin according to the manual). This would at least confirm the starfi is working beyond letting you connect - then at least you know it is a case of working through and just checking the settings again in the app. 

Do you have a laptop you can try connecting with, it might let you confirm that the starfi is working ok if you can connect using windows.

Still no Joy with connection :BangHead:

Had a chat with FLO and they're sending me another one to see if I have any luck... fingers crossed 🤞

2 hours ago, callisto said:

Still no Joy with connection :BangHead:

Had a chat with FLO and they're sending me another one to see if I have any luck... fingers crossed 🤞

it's frustrating when something that should be so simple just doesn't work! Good luck with the replacement.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I understand iStarFi owners can have issues with trying to run under SkySafari since iOptron didn't cooperate with the software developers. 

I have a GEM28 with integrated wi-fi in the hand controller and found this out while getting my mount operational. I've had no difficulties getting the mount to work by USB and over wi-fi using both iOptron's iCommander software and Stellarium. iOptron's IT development and focumentation for its mounts could stand some tlc.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SteveNickolls said:

Hi, I understand iStarFi owners can have issues with trying to run under SkySafari since iOptron didn't cooperate with the software developers. 

I have a GEM28 with integrated wi-fi in the hand controller and found this out while getting my mount operational. I've had no difficulties getting the mount to work by USB and over wi-fi using both iOptron's iCommander software and Stellarium. iOptron's IT development and focumentation for its mounts could stand some tlc.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I've just received the replacement from FLO today... I've yet to try it out but hopefully something might happen 🙏

Mark.

• Like 1