Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meteorite Charity shop find.

Marvin Jenkins

My local village has a cat charity shop. Despite being a dog person and absolutely disliking cats (I know some of you will be reeling in disgust) I pop in once a week as it is an ever changing Aladdin’s cave.

This time I was just passing and the owner saw me and said “Marvin your a sucker, what about these meteorite collectors cards”?
I heard meteorite and said “yes” opened my wallet to the tune of 30 euro and skipped away.

The envelope contained 21 Nestle meteorite collectors cards from what I can gather is four different meteorite falls. I have 20 cards all different still in there plastic packets and one that is a double of the original 20 and has been opened to reveal the credit card size contents.

I have done some digging and found they were give always by Nestle and the contents are swarf from the cutting of meteorites into slices. Any further info would be appreciated as two of the meteorites are clearly named the other two are a little ambiguous.

Gibeon which is well known. 
Chinga same again. 
Namibia Botswana? Hoba perhaps? 
Kalahari Plateau???2E045ADD-ECAF-49E0-99D1-9F517DA9DFF1.thumb.jpeg.b5867c67f3d9954f00f8e66be2560a25.jpeg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

With you being in this hobby, I think you scored, even if one doesn't finance your next monster scope!

Thank you #maw lod qan your words mean a lot. I have two meteorites, just started collecting and then these arrived! 
I am going to share them out among my interested friends and just keep one of each of the falls for my collection.

As to financing my first monster scope I may suggest you look up ‘The Hatton Garden Diamond Heist’ It looks to be the only way right now, which is difficult as I live in France.

Marv