Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Odd behaviour in Stellarium

Stellarium was working but now it behaves very oddly.

Initially looks like it is just running slow but what is actually happening is that when I click on anything in Stellariun (could be a menu item or a star etc) nothing seems to happen no matter how long I wait, but as soon as I click on any other running application stellarium updates and appears to work until I click on something again and the same happens.

Anybody seen anything like this ???

Steve

Thanks but after all morning I seemed to have it running.

Just in case anyone comes across this thread with similar issues:-

• Stellarium is running on a mini computer (a pretty powerful fast computer) on the scope itself and I am using RDP to view the computer remotely from my desktop or laptop over wifi.
  • I eventually plugged a screen, keyboard and mouse into the computer and found running it directly worked fine, no issues whatsoever.
  • It only seemed to fail when using RDP.
  • I searched and found many threads stating they had issues running Stellarium over RDP just like myself but none really offed a solution that seemed to work for me.
  • I tried uninstalling and re-installing Stellarium and that had no effect.
  • I tried reverting to earlier versions of Stellarium and that had no effect.
  • I updated all drivers for graphics cards both on the remote computer on mount and my laptop and desktop (they did all actually need updating to have the latest drivers.
  • I updated the Direct X versions on all computers and that had no effect. and that had no effect.
  • By chance I tried starting Stellarium not in the full screen mode but a windowed mode (so you can see the max min and close screen icons in top RH corner of window and that works fine.
  • It only seems to give the issue if it is running when opened from RDP and in full screen mode.

Steve

• Thanks 1