SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Focuser Grease - advice please !

Justin P

Hi all,

I have recently had to take apart a Swift 831 focuser because of damage. I’m in a position now to put it back together……. However, could anyone please recommend a grease to apply to the teeth of the adjustment arm? The grease that was there was ‘tacky’ which gave some stability and stiffness to the focuser, so I’m trying to find the best possible options for grease that’s almost solid and ‘tacky / sticky’ . Any help much appreciated.

cheers justin  

AeroShell 33 is about the best grease available. Rowan use it to lubricate their mounts. You won’t find it your local shop though and will have mail order it. An aircraft maintenance place will have it but not in small quantities..

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, johninderby said:

AeroShell 33 is about the best grease available. Rowan use it to lubricate their mounts. You won’t find it your local shop though and will have mail order it. An aircraft maintenance place will have it but not in small quantities..

Thanks John 

• 1 month later...