Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sssssssh….I won’t tell if you don’t.

Stu

On 12/02/2022 at 20:10, Stu said:

It’s my Gitzo GT5542LS, bought it off eBay for a decent price a number of years ago and have never regretted it. It gets a lot of use.

Very nice setup Stu, I would love a Gitzo but I don't think I could justify the expense ☹️  As a matter interest where did you get your bendy slow mo cables?

• Like 2

On 14/02/2022 at 12:45, jock1958 said:

Very nice setup Stu, I would love a Gitzo but I don't think I could justify the expense ☹️  As a matter interest where did you get your bendy slow mo cables?

Sorry Jock, missed this one somehow. I actually got them when I bought my used Vixen GP-DX. I’ve wanted some of these for ages, they work really well and are just the right length and flexibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Well we are in May now, and a scope of one sort or other has been in that position since before my original post and has yet to raise an objection. This is the latest resident…

F456891A-A22E-46E1-BFB0-ACF317D808EB.thumb.jpeg.adf2b611b041f4acfdae7d076a551a36.jpeg

which I think looks quite elegant, but I doubt I will get away with this for long…

528C8669-B5B2-46B4-A769-1664FD7D41A9.thumb.jpeg.4c9d04804d2eb01cc3bff8371a56dc55.jpeg

The FC100DC has been evicted from the garden room (stuck up name for lean-to conservatory thingy 🤣) while the tumble drier is on this evening.

Actually it’s a dangerous game letting two Taks be seen side by side in the house as that becomes a bit of a give away. I normally work on the basis of keeping them white and looking the same and only having one out at once, safer that way 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

it’s a dangerous game letting two Taks be seen side by side in the house as that becomes a bit of a give away

I've realized (too late) that my own mistake was to buy three scopes, all having very different colours.
No hiding that, even if you never see them in the same room together.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

I've realized (too late) that my own mistake was to buy three scopes, all having very different colours.
No hiding that, even if you never see them in the same room together.

That, Sir, is a beginners mistake! 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

One scope in that corner especially with a wooden tripod looks very Galilean. I cannot imagine for a moment that it had gone unnoticed, but I can imagine that Mrs Stu wasn’t going to admit she approved even though she probably did. But two? With a carbon tripod? Playing with fire…

Edited by Captain Scarlet
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Well we are in May now, and a scope of one sort or other has been in that position since before my original post and has yet to raise an objection. This is the latest resident…

F456891A-A22E-46E1-BFB0-ACF317D808EB.thumb.jpeg.adf2b611b041f4acfdae7d076a551a36.jpeg

which I think looks quite elegant, but I doubt I will get away with this for long…

528C8669-B5B2-46B4-A769-1664FD7D41A9.thumb.jpeg.4c9d04804d2eb01cc3bff8371a56dc55.jpeg

The FC100DC has been evicted from the garden room (stuck up name for lean-to conservatory thingy 🤣) while the tumble drier is on this evening.

Actually it’s a dangerous game letting two Taks be seen side by side in the house as that becomes a bit of a give away. I normally work on the basis of keeping them white and looking the same and only having one out at once, safer that way 🤣🤣

his and hers lol

My wife 'collects' board games.  Keeps saying she wants me to play but I have no interest (except ticket to ride).  Maybe you could try the same.

Youre just buying more scopes till you find the scope for her.  Out of love.

Maybe a C14 on an EQ8 is the one.  Only one way to find out

Edited by Ratlet
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Starwatcher2001 said:

It's spring, if you give them two some privacy perhaps you'll hear the cheeps of little finder Taks?

Now look what you’ve done! 🤣

8907E5BA-E995-4840-9D45-4078F23EFC52.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2022 at 10:56, Stu said:

Now look what you’ve done! 🤣

8907E5BA-E995-4840-9D45-4078F23EFC52.jpeg

I am trying to figure out if the wall colour is Tak-blue or Tak-green! It must be one of them, otherwise that room wouldn’t attract so many of them!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Froeng said:

I am trying to figure out if the wall colour is Tak-blue or Tak-green! It must be one of them, otherwise that room wouldn’t attract so many of them!

Definitely green! Not our choice though, was like that when we moved in. Might have to change it to avoid a plague of Taks taking over!!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mm.. I believe my girlfriend DID notice my toys in the living room a while ago, but no protests thankfully! 😁

(You can see the ramps and wheelbarrow handles near the corner too).

Having said that, I currently keep the refractors in their cases (see TV60 in the bookcase and tak in its red case 😇).

16544401673268190755906195596714.thumb.jpg.35df674cf6445aebc5be2a75c6e9d0ba.jpg

Edited by Piero
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Piero said:

Mm.. I believe my girlfriend DID notice my toys in the living room a while ago, but no protests thankfully! 😁

(You can see the ramps and wheelbarrow handles near the corner too).

Having said that, I currently keep the refractors in their cases (see TV60 in the bookcase and tak in its red case 😇).

16544401673268190755906195596714.thumb.jpg.35df674cf6445aebc5be2a75c6e9d0ba.jpg

You are a brave man Piero 🤣. I definitely wouldn’t get away with that for more than an hour or so! Lovely scopes 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stu said:

You are a brave man Piero 🤣. I definitely wouldn’t get away with that for more than an hour or so! Lovely scopes 👍

Thanks Stu :D 

The 12" is not generally left assembled. I need to install the remaining P-clips to the poles so that they work as pairs, but I stupidly ordered 4 clips instead of 8! :icon_scratch: 

In the new house the 16" will live in the conservatory and the 12" in the garage, just because it will be easier to take them out from there. The refractors will have the honour of living in the living room instead.

There is no plan for a larger telescope anyway (for now at least!)

3 hours ago, faulksy said:

probably the best thing you can do with a tak, hide it in the corner 🤣

These refractors... always in the way! :D 

• Like 3