Star adventurer lever broken

Starresort

Hi, I was trying to figure out how the lever on the star adventurer that supposedly increases or decreases the tightness of the latitude adjustment knob works because no matter what I did with it, it didn't seem to have any effect on the adjustment knob at all, and I tightened the screw to hard and the screw shaft broke off and is stuck in the thread hole and now the lever won't stay on..

I'm not sure if this will matter too much considering the lever didn't even seem to do anything anyway and it being broken hasn't affected the mount, the mount isn't loose and is still sturdy and the adjustment knob can still be adjusted with medium friction.

I have attached some photos

Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks

20220210_212320.jpg

20220210_231444.jpg

Edited by Starresort

• 2 weeks later...

Seems a fairly common problem. I found some maintenance tutorials on YouTube, a Guy named Andrea Minoia deals with how to fix it in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2aZLzfOe9c&t=703s about 10:55 in. He gives a link where to purchase the replacement on Amazon. Hope this helps. 

BTW his other maintenance videos are also worth watching - clutch, gearing maintenance and backlash removal. I just finished up regreasing everything and currently running through a test to ensure no overtightening after backlash removal.