Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunin & Bees

Astroscot2

You have all probably had enough of images of this comet, this was my second opportunity to image it, the first being a disaster with a misty camera cover slip.

Took this last Thursday in between snow flurries and a big moon in the sky, 33 mns total RGB with the SXVFH35 though the FSQ

post-12757-133877359557_thumb.jpg

Superb superb superb!!

When I saw this in my Dob I was just hoping somebody would get this very image! My kit was busy doing something else.

Excellent work. I'd really like the full size version of this for my collection, would you be able to send it to me by any chance? I would also like to combine your image with mine of M44 and see what comes out :) PM for email address if that's ok with you.

Thanks for posting

TJ

Thanks all for your comments.

TJ - Yes it was a nice view though the 12", glad I got this chance to image it. Im working on a new version of this I had not registered the image of the stars all that well and they are slighly out of alignment and therefore not very bright. Once Ive finished I can send you a copy, files would be large so posting it may be the best option, let me know your address.

Cheers

Hey,

great image i really wanted this image myself, but i was too late getting round to it, the clouds came in and i was stuffed.

really nice image it has a lovely balance of brightness the comet and cluster are nicely exposed and the colour is great.

does any one have an image of the Ion tail coming away from the comet? it is a rare thing and would be another lovely image

ally

Archived