Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter.....My first time seeing him!

Curly Claire

Outside it was dark, it was cold, but her heart was warm inside. She was struggling to catch her breath in absolute awe of what she'd seen for the first time.

Jupiter.....the King.....the Lord of the night....the protective one.....the Master. There he was in her telescope eyepiece. In all his glory, his splendour! He captivated her heart like never before.....whispering so softly to her through the Universe's gentle music, caressing her soul.

She was blessed, she was oh so grateful. She said her most heartfelt thank you to him for showing himself and his Galilean moons so freely, so openly to her!

She felt so very very small but in a beautiful kind of way. She felt incredibly lucky and humbled to have seen the King in all his captivating, majestical beauty! This encounter would change her.....forever.

Jupiter.....you are loved.

Jupiter.....you are admired.

Jupiter.....you are perfection.

Jupiter..... I promise I will always know where you are. 

You are in the tender most part of my being. 

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, Curly Claire said:

Outside it was dark, it was cold, but her heart was warm inside. She was struggling to catch her breath in absolute awe of what she'd seen for the first time.

Jupiter.....the King.....the Lord of the night....the protective one.....the Master. There he was in her telescope eyepiece. In all his glory, his splendour! He captivated her heart like never before.....whispering so softly to her through the Universe's gentle music, caressing her soul.

She was blessed, she was oh so grateful. She said her most heartfelt thank you to him for showing himself and his Galilean moons so freely, so openly to her!

She felt so very very small but in a beautiful kind of way. She felt incredibly lucky and humbled to have seen the King in all his captivating, majestical beauty! This encounter would change her.....forever.

Jupiter.....you are loved.

Jupiter.....you are admired.

Jupiter.....you are perfection.

Jupiter..... I promise I will always know where you are. 

You are in the tender most part of my being. 

Very poetic. You have a way with words and feelings.

Inspiring actually. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Oooh, I'm all aquiver! 😁

Claire, telescopically observing Jupiter for the first time does often seem to have an emotional effect in people. It certainly did for me. Did you manage to observe any particular features?

Just the moons, I could have focused in more but I was more than happy with what I saw! 😁

Such a refreshing change from a typical bloke's observing report: "observed Jupiter with my Acme 150 apo refractor, using a Smith 5.2mm UFF EP, giving me 243x mag"😆

Edited by cajen2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Curly Claire said:

Just the moons, I could have focused in more but I was more than happy with what I saw! 😁

That's a start but go for gold. Observing the cloud belts and if you're lucky, the Great Red Spot plus other features as you get better really does add to the experience. 

• Like 2

Just now, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

That's a start but go for gold. Observing the cloud belts and if you're lucky, the Great Red Spot plus other features as you get better really does add to the experience. 

If you could kindly arrange for clear skies in North Wales I'll be out there! 🤣

They are top of my list to observe! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Curly Claire said:

If you could kindly arrange for clear skies in North Wales I'll be out there! 🤣

They are top of my list to observe! 🙂

Yes for many of us this winter has been dreadful for observing. It's been pretty much constant cloud at night here for at least three weeks too. 

I'm looking forward to your eye opening first 'proper' view. If this reaction is anything to go by, you may need sedation! 😁

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Yes for many of us this winter has been dreadful for observing. It's been pretty much constant cloud at night here for at least three weeks too. 

I'm looking forward to your eye opening first 'proper' view. If this reaction is anything to go by, you may need sedation! 😁

Sedation!! 🤣

Bring on those clear skies then! 🙂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Curly Claire said:

I'm looking forward to this day very very much! 😁🪐

As amazing as Jupiter is, and I also enjoyed your observing report, when you do find Saturn in your eyepiece remember, breath, breath!

For a brief moment you will forget everything!

• Like 2

First time I saw Saturn, I was twelve and certainly didn't have the words to describe what I saw and felt but the image and feeling have stuck with me for the following forty three years. Reading your post brought both back into the present for me making me feel excited about astronomy again. This memory pops up from time to time and it joyous when it does.

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, StarryEyed said:

First time I saw Saturn, I was twelve and certainly didn't have the words to describe what I saw and felt but the image and feeling have stuck with me for the following forty three years. Reading your post brought both back into the present for me making me feel excited about astronomy again. This memory pops up from time to time and it joyous when it does.

Thanks for sharing. 

😁🔭

Wonderful report Claire! Beautifully poetic! You captured the awe and wonder of the gas giant better than I’ve ever heard. And guess what if you’re like me (and most of us I suspect) each time u observe Jupiter you’ll have the same reaction! It never loses its charm. I agree with dave 34 you Will be speechless when u see Saturn.  Keep posting!