Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Samyang 135mm f2 lens, canon 800d and the SWSA2

I have a SWSA2 tracker and use a canon 800d. I have just bought a samyang 135mm F2 lens. Can i just mount it as normal on the declination plate with the counterweight or do i need to get a lens collar and dovetail plate of some form, and if so, can anyone recommend what i should get? Sorry for the dumb newbie questions and thank you in advance    steve 

14 hours ago, Plymouthwelshboy said:

I have a SWSA2 tracker and use a canon 800d. I have just bought a samyang 135mm F2 lens. Can i just mount it as normal on the declination plate with the counterweight or do i need to get a lens collar and dovetail plate of some form, and if so, can anyone recommend what i should get? Sorry for the dumb newbie questions and thank you in advance    steve 

That's basically how I use to use mine with my star adventurer and Canon 209D. With the lens mounted as normal to the camera it is rather from heavy but it still worked ok.

If you haven't already, the Samyang 135 thread is a good read. 

Imaging with the Samyang 135mm f2 https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/333381-imaging-with-the-samyang-135mm-f2/

As suggested above you should be ok to mount the camera onto the Dec bracket and should be able to achieve good results with this. But you may find you can achieve better balance mounting via a lens collar. There are a few suggestions in the thread. 

Enjoy, it looks like a fantastic lens!