Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brand New Skywatcher 200P OTA arrived with 50mm x 20mm corroded patch on primary mirror!!??

wesdon1

Hey all! Just wanted to post about my recent experineces. I bought a brand new Skywatcher 200P OTA with SW HEQ5 Mount. When I was inspecvting the optics of said OTA, to my shock and horror I noticed an approximately 50mm x 20mm corroded patch/Blemish on the primary mirror!!?? Has anyone else ever had a similar experience when buying brand new equipment!? Obviousely I was right on the phone to Wexphoto Video, whom I bought the 'scope and mount from, and to their credit they offered me a replacement 'scope/mount immediately, no accusing me of being dihonest etc. as I had feared they would, because you just don't expect brand new equipment to have such a bad fault straight from the manaufacturer!? The replacement OTA/Mount arriving tomorrow, so fingers crossed lightning won't strike twice!? LOL. So has anyone else had a similar experience ?? Thanks. Wes, Liverpool.

• Sad 2

Hi Rob! My friend, I giggled when I read/saw your comment because I always normally do buy from FLO! LOL. The reason I bought from Wexphoto video was because it was November last year, and due to Rona, there was a bad stock shortage across the UK! Wexpjoto video had the last 200P/HEQ5 package left in stock in whole of UK! ( I believe i'm correct in saying this because I searched literally every major retailer of these products across UK and all were out of stock for aforemntion package, and most other popular Telescopes/Mounts/Packages etc! My goodness the very popular Skywatcher 200P Skyliner Dobsonian Telescope was rare than rocking horse poo!! LOL. I even paid roughly £400 approx over the normal prices, because of reasons above! The Pandemic ( as you will remeber yourself ) basically ruined the shipping/supply routes and caused huge increases in retail costs that pretty much remain to this day!? Absolute nightmare when you consider our beloved hobby is already very expensive!? LOL. Wes.

Edited by wesdon1

On 10/02/2022 at 10:15, Robindonne said:

Thats why, always buy at 

96BAE1CB-946A-4720-87CF-74BE28428055.png

To be fair, Wex have done exactly what you would expect to correct what would appear to be a manufacturing defect - I'm not sure FLO would or could have done anything different.