Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where to buy mod camera ?

Nrmh02

Hi all,

I’d like to purchase a second hand modified canon.  Ive stumbled upon two websites that is selling them, however, I’m looking to see if anyone has any recommendations RE purchasing mod canon. 

Also, if you are using a modified canon yourself, what would be recommended model and why? 

I had been interested in the 600d - but I’m open to listening to your recommendations 

Thanks 

Nic

I had Juan at https://cheapastrophotography.com    modify an 1100D and also bought a modded 700D from him

His support, help and service is absolutely first rate and I would highly recommend.

My 1100d works perfectly well but is a little noisy. The 700D is great but it does (unusually for a DSLR) exhibit some amp glow. This is a known issue with the 700D and once you know about it it is easily dealt with in calibration.

I have seen lots of great images with the 600D (I believe its the same sensor as the 700D) and have not seen any reference to the amp glow with it

But contact Juan and get his advice - he is really helpful.

Edited by mackiedlm
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Phillyo said:

I've just added a post to the sales and wants as I'm selling my modified 450D if that is of any interest to you.

can i ask your reasons for selling it?  how long youve had it etc etc etc and what price are you selling it for     Thanks 

22 hours ago, Adam J said:

It's actually really easy to mod a 600D there are detailed instructions on YouTube. Why not have a go yourself? 

i have been thinking about this too as an option.  

just worried that i might damage it beyond repair lol  

On 04/02/2022 at 13:32, mackiedlm said:

I had Juan at https://cheapastrophotography.com    modify an 1100D and also bought a modded 700D from him

His support, help and service is absolutely first rate and I would highly recommend.

My 1100d works perfectly well but is a little noisy. The 700D is great but it does (unusually for a DSLR) exhibit some amp glow. This is a known issue with the 700D and once you know about it it is easily dealt with in calibration.

I have seen lots of great images with the 600D (I believe its the same sensor as the 700D) and have not seen any reference to the amp glow with it

But contact Juan and get his advice - he is really helpful.

Do you know if Juan is on this forum by any chance? 

i did send him an email friday but ive not heard anything back yet

1 hour ago, Nrmh02 said:

can i ask your reasons for selling it?  how long youve had it etc etc etc and what price are you selling it for     Thanks 

I bought it about 9 years ago, then I moved house. I recently got back into astro and bought a cooled cmos camera so I have no use for it. It hasn't been used in a long time so it seems pointless to keep it. I think it's up for £150 but open to offers. Comes with an AC power adapter too.

2 hours ago, Nrmh02 said:

Do you know if Juan is on this forum by any chance? 

i did send him an email friday but ive not heard anything back yet

I'm not sure if I've seen him on here. Did you mail him deirectly or via the wenbsite - because i think he was having some problms with not receiving messages sent from the "contact me" page of the website.

But whenever I used him he was very responsive.

• Like 1

I too would recommend Juan at cheap astrophotography, his email address was as below when I had my camera modded, I don't know if still the same but worth a try.
I also seem to think that I maybe did not get replies over the weekend but was quick to reply midweek.

juan_fierros@yahoo.co.uk

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mackiedlm said:

I'm not sure if I've seen him on here. Did you mail him deirectly or via the wenbsite - because i think he was having some problms with not receiving messages sent from the "contact me" page of the website.

But whenever I used him he was very responsive.

yeah i just used the contact me on the website pal   

59 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I too would recommend Juan at cheap astrophotography, his email address was as below when I had my camera modded, I don't know if still the same but worth a try.
I also seem to think that I maybe did not get replies over the weekend but was quick to reply midweek.

juan_fierros@yahoo.co.uk

Steve

Thanks pal  ill give that email address a try 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SimonHutch said:

Yet another +1 for Juan at cheapastrophotography. He modded my Canon 800D and very pleased with it. 

Thanks pal   I bought a 600D mod from Juan at the beginning of the week .  arrived friday so now just waiting on some good old clear skies to get out in 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2022 at 17:55, Andrew_B said:

It's worth checking out eBay. I picked up a full spectrum-modded 24MP Fuji mirrorless camera for £150 and it's great.

Thanks pal, i managed to purchase one from Juan.