Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kelling Heath Autumn Skycamp 20th - 27th September 2022

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

First time for me so glad to see other SGL members will be there.
This is actually my first star party so any advice is welcome, I am booked on Yellow Dragonfy pitch 152, not even sure whether to invest in a tent or hire a campervan yet.

Steve 

You can book a caravan which will be brought to the site ready for you and set up. They're a local firm and do quite a few for the starparties.

• Like 1

Just now, Anne S said:

You can book a caravan which will be brought to the site ready for you and set up. They're a local firm and do quite a few for the starparties.

Oh really, that may well be a better idea and may even work out cheaper than hiring a camper.
Any idea which firm this is, I can search locally if not. Many thanks for the suggestion 🙂 

Steve

On 13/02/2022 at 12:02, Anne S said:

Norfolk Caravans or something like that.

Thanks for the help, hopefully got sorted, it was Norfolk Caravan Hire but they have almost their entire fleet already hired out for this very event. However there were a couple left so should be all set.
I think the caravan option is a little cheaper than hiring a campervan, much more comfortable and means I can drive my own car down which is cheaper and easier to drive.

Steve

30 minutes ago, Anne S said:

And you've transport when you need stuff. We have to cycle which is fine when it's dry. It's too much hassle to get the motorhome off the pitch!

Hopefully it will be dry 🙂 
But if not give me a knock I can be a taxi for the day, I owe you one.

Steve

Depends when you're coming. We're arriving Sunday 27th.  Altair normally arrive on the Thursday. It's easier to ask Ian questions at the shop than when he's at Kelling. We normally cycle down after we've set everything up.

It can be expensive seeing al the toys!

11 minutes ago, Anne S said:

Depends when you're coming. We're arriving Sunday 27th.  Altair normally arrive on the Thursday. It's easier to ask Ian questions at the shop than when he's at Kelling. We normally cycle down after we've set everything up.

It can be expensive seeing al the toys!

Sunday 27th ? 
The events Tuesday 20th to Tuesday 27th September or is it a different event at Kelling you are going to ?

Our booking which was carried forward from last year and the year before is Monday to Monday. It does vary. We usually drive over on the Sunday before, 27th, as it's a 300 mile journey. We would have come earlier if it was clear but I've got a concert on 26 March. We may stay on at the end if there's space and clear nights. We're retired.

• 3 weeks later...