SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sharpless 232, 233 and 235 in Auriga

gorann

This is a wide-field view taken with my dual-RASA 8 rig with ASI2600MC and an NBZ (Ha+Oiii) filter. To this I have added Ha and RGB data I have from my dual-Esprit rig. For much of the other rather striking but fairly weak nebulosity in this image I have not found any names / designations.

RASA8 data collected 31 Jan 2022 (48 x 5 min). Esprit 150 (RGB) and Esprit 100 (Ha) was collected 29 Nov 2019 (90 x 10 min). So totally 19 hours. Processed in PS and PI.

Cheers, Göran

20220131 Sh2-231-235 RASA1+2 PS24smallSign.jpg

Skärmavbild 2022-02-03 kl. 15.58.51.png

• Like 9

Wonderfully deep! So that fibrous looking nebulosity on the RHS has no official name or designation? How would you go about registering it as a discovery or is that even possible these days with so many all sky surveys having been completed?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Steve! I am far from an expert on astronomical designations and catalogues, so I would not know how to proceed. I suspect that these structures are registered somewhere but just not in the catalogues used by PI or Astrobin. Maybe someone on SGL can enlighten us?