Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rarely imaged Sharpless 226, 227 and 228 in Auriga

gorann

I can only find one or two images of each of these neighbouring Sharpless catalogue objects, and none with them together. In the upper left corner the open star cluster NGC1857 can be seen, and near the bottom is the small Ha patch known as PK169-001 of IC2020 (the position of the latter appears misplaced by the attached Astrobin plate solve), once misidentified as a planetary nebula, see http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-id?Ident=PK%20169-00%201%20

Imaged during one night with my dual-RASA rig. No moon up so I could go rather deep with the NBZ (Ha+Oiii) filter.

Captured on the night 30-31 Jan 2022 in my home obsy with two RASA 8 and ASI2600MC (IDAS NBZ filter, gain 100, offset 30, -15°C) on a Mesu 200 mount. 193 x 5 min, so 16 hours. Processed in PI and PS, including Star Xterminator to make a starless image to stretch the nebulosity before bringing the stars back.

Cheers, Göran

20220130 Sh2-226-228 RASA1+2PS32smallSign.jpg

Skärmavbild 2022-02-02 kl. 12.52.48.png

Edited by gorann
  • Like 18

wow 93 views (94 now) and no replies (well, one now).  Excellent image.  I am trying to decide if I should sell my 4 scopes and get one super scope,.  or maybe a great scope and great mount.  Or a very nice scope, great mount and the ASI 6200.  One of my scopes may qualify for this--but there might be a better option whenconsidering aperture, FOV, FL, and FR

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rodd said:

wow 93 views (94 now) and no replies (well, one now).  Excellent image.  I am trying to decide if I should sell my 4 scopes and get one super scope,.  or maybe a great scope and great mount.  Or a very nice scope, great mount and the ASI 6200.  One of my scopes may qualify for this--but there might be a better option whenconsidering aperture, FOV, FL, and FR

Thanks Rodd!

There is no thing such as a scope for everything. You need different FLs for different objects. My idea right now is that if you have a great scope, buy another one like it an make a dual-rig! I got my dual-RASA rig for doing wide field, and this summer I plan to build a new obsy for the two Esprit 150 I now have after I got a second one cheaply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom OD said:

Cool I love seeing “new” nebula pics. I ve not seen these before. 
tom. 

Thanks Tom! Yes, I really enjoy trying to find new things to image, and there are plenty of them if you look for them.

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Thanks Rodd!

There is no thing such as a scope for everything. You need different FLs for different objects. My idea right now is that if you have a great scope, buy another one like it an make a dual-rig! I got my dual-RASA rig for doing wide field, and this summer I plan to build a new obsy for the two Esprit 150 I now have after I got a second one cheaply.

I can hardly handle 1 of everything.  2 of everything would do me in.  I am a refractor  man at heart.  A 10” TEC would be amazing. Ok the would be too much.  But an 8 inch would be just about as much scope as my sky can handle 99.9999% of the time

8 hours ago, Rodd said:

I can hardly handle 1 of everything.  2 of everything would do me in.  I am a refractor  man at heart.  A 10” TEC would be amazing. Ok the would be too much.  But an 8 inch would be just about as much scope as my sky can handle 99.9999% of the time

An 8" TEC is only 50 lb, so you could easily handle that😉, so then you just have to find the 30 000 USD🥴

2 hours ago, gorann said:

An 8" TEC is only 50 lb, so you could easily handle that😉, so then you just have to find the 30 000 USD🥴

Hmm….well, if I keep buying gear sooner or later I will have enough to sell and get the TEC!!😀

On 05/02/2022 at 12:47, Rodd said:

Hmm….well, if I keep buying gear sooner or later I will have enough to sell and get the TEC!!😀

Why not first buy a suburban house with a dark sky and build an obsy? Would make much more of a difference😉

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Why not first buy a suburban house with a dark sky and build an obsy? Would make much more of a difference😉

Hmmm.  Let’s see. $20,000 scope or $360,000 house ( plus moving costs and build costs and blah blah blah).  You could be on to something my friend 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Hmmm.  Let’s see. $20,000 scope or $360,000 house ( plus moving costs and build costs and blah blah blah).  You could be on to something my friend 

You would never regret it!