SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

6.3 focal reducer

I have a 6.3 f/r for my c9.25 and rarely use it for visual. It's nice on the bigger objects, but the effort to swap it in and out (including the significant refocusing) means I don't often bother to be honest.  For a wider field of view, a 2" 30 or 40mm eyepiece works just as well.  It's the least used accessory I have.

Edited by Starwatcher2001
spellink
  • Like 2

I'm not sure about the 6SE but, on the larger SCTs, the field is ultimately limited by the baffle tube - which means that a 2 inch back and widefield EP can reach that limit without the reducer.

Like Mark above, I have one but never use it.

Olly

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I'm not sure about the 6SE but, on the larger SCTs, the field is ultimately limited by the baffle tube - which means that a 2 inch back and widefield EP can reach that limit without the reducer.

Like Mark above, I have one but never use it.

Olly

The 6"does have a smaller baffle than the 8 and above. I have the reducer and have used it but not much now as I have a smaller refractor for wide field.  Also as mentioned above I use an ES 2" 40mm 68° now too. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...