Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

now i no why!!!

since i got my binoculars there has been clouds and ive not had much chance to use them, somemites i get the sad feeling im wasting my time and wonder how you guys do it. yet coming back home about half 3 this morning there was a bright object in the sky and the rain had just cleared.

I focused in with the binos and found there could be a ring around it, i worked out the degrees and checked it against stelarium and it was bang on saturn exactly what i thought. I got the binos in to the best focus and there it was my first view of saturn, it was beatiful the rings were nearly side on but now i no why you guys keep at it, damn these binos are great to start my astronomy with. just wanted to share this with you guys it was a great moment to see my first planet.

Mitchel,

Thanks for sharing your view of Saturn. It's nice and high for us at the moment. Wait till you see Jupiter,you're going to like that.

I also think binoculars are a fantastic way to get into astronomy. Just so long as you don't contract aperature fever. I've had a mild case recently.

Glen.

It will be visible at the end of the month in the morning sky,but it will be very low. I'm afraid we will have to wait a while for a good view. It will be worth it.

Aperature fever is when you just want to go bigger and bigger,to see more and more. It's a terrible disease.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Archived