Narrowband

Nice planetary dob on eBay

Stu

Nothing to do with me, but saw this on eBay and thought it likely to be a great planetary scope for not a lot of cash. My 8” f8 is wonderful on the moon and planets, and there are a few other members on here with 8.5” f8 ish scopes which perform equally well I’m sure.

Buyer beware and all that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-5-213mm-F8-4-Planetary-Dobsonian-Newtonian-Collect-or-Post-Parts-/334312514654?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Like 1

I spotted that too Stu- it’s got a Tal finder too 😃 I love my 8.5” f7.4 or whatever it is- won’t ever be parted from it I think. Looking forward to Mars this year- it was so good last time through it 👍

Edited by markse68
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, markse68 said:

I spotted that too Stu- it’s got a Tal finder too 😃 I love my 8.5” f7.4 or whatever it is- won’t ever be parted from it I think. Looking forward to Mars this year- it was so good last time through it 👍

Yep 👍. I just had an offer through at £205, that would be a complete bargain for someone!

10 hours ago, markse68 said:

I dont get on with my Tal finder on my Tal 100rs its always out and a nightmare get centered.

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

I dont get on with my Tal finder on my Tal 100rs its always out and a nightmare get centered.

that’s strange- i can’t remember the last time i adjusted mine- it only ever goes off if my collimation is out- in fact i can use it to verify my collimation. Maybe your Tal focuser has too much slop?

Mark

26 minutes ago, markse68 said:

that’s strange- i can’t remember the last time i adjusted mine- it only ever goes off if my collimation is out- in fact i can use it to verify my collimation. Maybe your Tal focuser has too much slop?

Mark

I don't know Mark when I centre it and then use it I get everything in my scope, put it away and I do that carefully but the next time out it's moved and having two lots of screws front and back it is tricky to line it up. I have removed it and reseated it to no avail and cannot see any slop it's very strange. 

I know the seller of that scope personally. He really knows his stuff and the scope will be a superb performer :thumbright:

He lives just a few miles from me and I'm very tempted but I've really no room for another scope :icon_confused:

• Like 1