SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Takahashi FSQ130 prices go a bit mad at £23k

Surprised you have not got another one to bino it on your panther aka this user with a pair of TOA-130’s. 😃

image.jpeg.49456d845ec1c5d03901a137c9d966ce.jpeg

Actually Japan seems to have an amazing collection of bino kits for converting two APO’s into bino scopes, whereas in the west BV’s are more popular. Just cost I would presume….

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GavStar said:

A price bubble seems to have hit the Tak FSQ130. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to other premium scopes.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/809666-fsq-130ed-for-35k-why-the-craze/

It's a shocker really Gavin. Not the price of the FSQ, but the fact you're nearly running out of floor space. If ever that happens, I've still got some left which you're welcome to use. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

Surprised you have not got another one to bino it on your panther aka this user with a pair of TOA-130’s. 😃

image.jpeg.49456d845ec1c5d03901a137c9d966ce.jpeg

Actually Japan seems to have an amazing collection of bino kits for converting two APO’s into bino scopes, whereas in the west BV’s are more popular. Just cost I would presume….

Very happy with my William Optics 103mm Pegasus Binoscope 😀. Lifting that dual toa130 onto the Panther must be a two man job!!

EA422A3A-43B4-45F6-86CB-B2CC51990745.jpeg

Edited by GavStar
  • Like 2

Is there any real competition for the FSQ130 ?

From what I've read about the scope, it does things that others don't and to an exceptionally high quality level.

Given the above and the low production numbers and availability, I'm not surprised that the price is soaring. While £20K is a massive amount for most, for some it's not and, once an item develops a reputation for being the best available in it's niche, the buyers will be there. If you are an enthusiast and comfortably have the funds, why are you going to opt for something less than the best available ?