Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This morning at 4:30

Hi all,

Had to get up this morning at 4:30am for my weekly drive to Dorset.

Even though the weather is particually spring like - the skies are a different story.

As I walked to the car I glanced up at the sky and was slightly suprised to see Cygnus and the milky way, Lyra and Hercules. The sky was stunning, it was very light (but thats just my neck of the woods) but the stars were bright and very steady.

It's lovely to see the summer skies again, the milky way was glowing away quite nicely.

Whilst driving down the motorway I was looking at Jupiter, as the skies started to brighten (I was suprised at how early it actually gets light now) at around 5:25. I saw venus shining bright low down in the SE.

All in all a lovely morning.

Ant

Sounds really nice that Ant, i too was out this morning logged off here around 4.30am hen went for a walk along the canal, its nice seeing the WHOLE sky without houses/tress blocking the views. Milkyway wasnt there to be seen but still Jupiter was shineing away like a beacon.

James

It was a really lovely sky.

Getting up in the early morning is great for the skies (but I hate doing it) the skies are at their steadiest and usually darkest - as most our door lights are turned out.

But I did notice something else... the skies at my new house (if we ever get to move in) are going to be blumming awful! So another nail in the coffin for nighttime astronomy.

Ant

Ant

I'm ashamed to say that i've NEVER seen the milky way with my own eyes. Im not sure if thats my fault for not seeking it out from a dark site or my neighbours fault for all the Light Pollution! I evny you Ant!

Gordon get over to Kielder for the spring event the views there will blow you away!

I'm ashamed to say that I've NEVER seen the milky way with my own eyes.

You are not alone. I traveled to a seminar with a colleague last year. It was dark, we were in a dark-sky area, I pulled over and showed him the Milky way and a number of objects/constellations. He was in his late thirties and hadn't seen any of them before that night :lol:

Archived