Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New POW Judge

Hi everyone , it gives both Martin and Myself great pleasure in having Tim (AKA) TJ joining us as POW judges.

The Forum is growing at a huge rate now , the level of Imaging is going up and up , and the quality from everyone is amazing.

Both Martin and Myself enjoy looking at all the images posted ,but it does get harder each week , so fresh blood was needed, someone Young ,clever , good looking etc etc lol , so who ,s name came up ,

Yup good ole TJ :), but seriously we welcome Tim , who may have a different approach, so thats a good thing .

It may well be the case that we need another Judge later, but this we will see what growth the Forum levels at.

This week Martin will do the Honours ,followed by myself , then Tim the week after, this will give Tim some time to get to grips with it all.

Cheers for now

SGL ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.:mad:

so fresh blood was needed, someone Young ,clever , good looking etc etc lol , so whose name came up ,

Yup good ole TJ :mad:,

.....who couldn't think of anybody either who fitted that description :)

It will be a pleasure to help out, I always make time to view the images posted anyways, especially the deep sky section which is where my particular passion lies, but really all aspects of astro-imaging, including sketches really float my boat as it were, so I look forward to seeing ever more of the great pictures we are privileged to be presented with each week.

As some will know, I started imaging myself with a webcam, just over a year ago, then a Canon 400D, followed by a canon 350D which I modified myself, before moving on to a 16bit cooled CCD camera (qhy8). What you may not know is that I come from a family of artists, and also enjoy painting in oils myself, when I get the time. Hopefully all this will come together and help to give me a rounded appreciation of all the techniques and methods employed to achieve the POW contenders. I also hope to learn a lot more yet from the more experienced imagers among you, like the Universe, the possibilities with digital imaging seem almost endless!

Thanks to Roger and Martin for the invite, and here's looking forward to seeing plenty of stunning images!

Cheers

TJ

You will do a good job TJ. You put a great deal into your imaging, and your skills have developed at a rate of knots. You've gone from knowing nowt, to a very adept data catcher, and processor.

You are well qualified to be a discerning judge.

Congratulations.:)

Ron.

Good call Roger/Martin!!

...What you may not know is that I come from a family of artists, and also enjoy painting in oils myself, when I get the time.

That takes the sketching section to a WHOLE new level :) (dew strips on the canvas to stop the oils running?)

Archived