bored processing.

neil phillips

5 hours ago, Kon said:

Amazing, especially the second and last one!

Spending more time on weeding out the bad frames and drift on the captures. Takes ages but the result is better.  Got a new drive that i will fit soon. So hoping i can get better tracking. we shall see.

Cheers Kon

• Like 1

Just now, Dave scutt said:

Great details Neil, even when I zoom in on Thor's Hammer it's still sharp.

What set up are you using. 

Hi Dave a Few actually. Though the most important are the Stella Lyra Classical Cassegrain F12 And Orion Optics 245mm F6.3 1/10th pv with Antares 1/30th pv secondary mirror..  The captures on this page are the Orion 

ZWO 178mm camera EQ5 Deluxe mount SW single axis drive. Soon to be dual goto drive.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, chiltonstar said:

Nice detail! Shows the advantages of a 10" scope!

Chris

I Agree. You can see the extra resolution. A lot of drift and movement on the simple SW Single Axis drive. Should get slightly tighter when i fit the pro upgrade dual goto drive. 

Edited by neil phillips

18 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Spending more time on getting the best out of my archive. Specifically running everything through PIPP first, stabilize and quality sort. Then quality sort again on AS/3 is tightening the captures 

Cheers

I know what you mean - obsessive fiddling to try and get a very slightly better result. Astronomer's OCD!

I fiddle with this one quite a bit, each time another craterlet appears....

Chris

Platoproc.png

Edited by chiltonstar

4 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

I know what you mean - obsessive fiddling to try and get a very slightly better result. Astronomer's OCD!

I fiddle with this one quite a bit, each time another craterlet appears....

Chris

Platoproc.png

lol i think a lot of us are like that. Especially imagers. One of those things more craters or more natural balance though. Generally i think i tend to under sharpen.

4 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Lovely.   Of course the third and fourth grab me the most.  Stupendous work.   Loving the processing.

M

Thanks Mike. Putting everything through Pipp. If we must bother to re process. Have to at least try to squeeze the most out. PIPP stabilize and quality sort helps tidy up the image a lot. Especially on a single drive EQ5 mount. with a ton of movement. Now got dual drive goto fitted 

tad sharper 

https://ibb.co/0tMGWw1

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, si@nite said:

Hi Neil some excellent contrasty images here  from the orion & on your previous posts too, looks like you have been busy lately!

Hi Simon thanks. So much time on my hands. And a new scope. Every chance i can i am out there. Improving as i go along.. Next time with a dual rather than single drive. Better quality motors should help further.

Hope everything is good with you Simon 

Cheers 

8 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Great set of images, sharp but without being oversharpened 

I'm deffo in the less is more camp

Superb, well done and thanks for sharing 

There are a few of us in that camp. Always felt its a place worth trying to be. Initially not as impressive with a softer balance. Long term less fatiguing to the eye 

Good to see others appreciating that style

Cheers

Edited by neil phillips