Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn and Jupiter

Yubnub

1 hour ago, Yubnub said:

My problem is trying to get it right first time to avoid added cost with a compromised setup ...I forget sometimes that I just need to buy something and get the experience! 

Same here. My advice is to do the research, ask questions, then make a decision and buy something; learn from that and then take the next step. I've bought a lot of kit over quite a short period, but it's been done in stages, after learning something new. I have made a few small mistakes but have been able to recover most of the cost of these by selling kit on SGL (generally kit sells for 65% of the brand new price).

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 14:36, callisto said:

I've done that many times John 🤣

Not me! I keep on making the same mistakes time and again. Even my C.V. state's "Not Very Bright But Can Lift Heavy Things!"

The only thing I've done right, at least from my point of view, is to maintain my love of refractors. I started out with a small refractor (60mm) in 1980 and still use a relatively small refractor (100mm) today. Other kinds of scopes, some quite large, have come and gone but none have satisfied me like a good refractor.

• Like 4