Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

That is a bit tidier. Cable routing / management

With the new EQ8-R mount on its way with it's built in power and USB hub, I have taken the opportunity to tidy up my cable management on the Rasa 8

Added a top Losamady bar (doesn't come with Rasa8) and sorted out all the cables.

Plan is that this will be 2 cables to the EQ8-R mount for power and USB connection and there should be no cables that are not fixed to the moving parts of the mount.

As my mount sits outside (under a cover), it should be a matter of putting then scope onto the mount and connecting 2 cables.

Fingers crossed it all works out.

Rasa8, ZWO 2600 MC Pro, ASI Air Pro, ASI 120mm mini guide scope , ZWO 30F4 guide camera

20220126_120202.jpg

Edited by Catanonia
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tomatobro said:

On the EQ8-r there are a lot of "sticking out bits" such as knobs etc. I usually watched it when meridian flips took place but as it seemed to be reliable cable snag wise I stopped watching it flip  until the other night......

Yes, exactly what I want to avoid.