Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DIY PCB etching kit

dazzystar

21 minutes ago, dazzystar said:

Using the 2209 Malcolm. Can't wait for the PCBs to arrive from China hence stripboard. Just need the board really for rigidity. Going to cut all tracks, solder the items to the board and try and wire it up using small jumper wires.

Ok... saves me the time and effort if you are going down the strip board route.

48 minutes ago, malc-c said:

Cutting the same track between two 0.1" pitch pins may be possible, but as the cut would be small there would be a risk of jumping it with solder.  The only way I can think of doing it is to lift the section of track under these two pins and use sumper wires soldered directly... messy but doable

It's no problem. I'll simply desolder the two pins from the 2209 driver and solder a wire directly.

2 minutes ago, malc-c said:

Hey, if its working and it's going to be encased, no one will know or care what the board looks like...

Quite and neat job, and top marks for using heat shrink 👍

The thing is I care what it looks like but I've simply had enough...with everything I've bought, ruined, etc. I could have probably bought a used ZWO EAF or Pegasus Focuscube V2 !