Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NexImage 10 using MacBook 😪

Hi everyone 

I recently upgrade my telescope and purchased a Celestron 6SE. I’ve decided to get into astrophotographer and purchased Neximage 10. 
Unfortunately I don’t have a windows, it’s a MacBook that I have and whilst I’m managed to download parallel to get windows on the MacBook and I’ve been successful at downloading Icap2.4 and registax I’m unable to download the windows driver. 

ive also been having troubles downloading Lynkeos for Mac

I’ve also been on the oacapture link but that’s just a complete minefield full of various links that unfortunately means nothing to me. I’ve tried the first two to download but without success. 

Has anyone else with MacBook been successful in getting it all to work? And can you share how you managed please 

thanks for taking the time read. 

Nic 😊

Nic,  welcome to SGL,

Don't have a Mac, but by all accounts the camera is Apple IOS compatible

Now Mac OS X compatible! Refer to oaCapture and Lynkeos downloads in the support section of this page.

Looking at the links as directed on that page you are taken to oaCapture https://www.openastroproject.org/downloads/ where there is a dmg file (which I'm guessing is the equivalent of a self extracting EXE ?) at the top of the page.

All the other files are for Linux so you can ignore them. - Glancing at the documentation is would seem the software detects the Celestron cameras... I don't think drivers are needed on a Mac

oaCapture is a planetary imaging application for Linux and MacOS.

It currently supports cameras such as the ZWO ASI series, many of the USB Imaging Source cameras, firewire cameras, some of the QHY models, most of the Celestron cameras

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Thank you for replying. It’s much appreciated. 

for the oacapture, I tried both links but it wouldn’t download for me. 
and also when connecting the cam to the laptop it wasn’t recognised and no camera could be found. 

I’ll have another bash at it tomorrow and see how I get on. 
thanks again 

Hey. 

actually I’ve been contemplating this all day. 
I think it will be the only way forward after todays readings about it.  

thanks pal 😊