SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Image Preview Software for Nikon D50?

mihok9

As the nikon d50 (2005) does not have live view and is not compatible with any astrophotography capture software does anyone know of any photography software that could possibly show me a preview of my image after I take it?

Thanks in advance.

If you are looking for software then are you wanting to connect via a laptop or tablet ?

One way to view images from the D50 is to view it as an external hard drive. If on a tablet then you can view via MPT host and they don't ( As far as I know ) actually down load but are visible as with any camera. To connect a device without the correct USB connection then you'd need an OTG ( On the go ) adapter. Again, as with any camera I know of.

Adobe Photoshop will remote fire a D50 via WIA control and will also view the files as a remote hard drive. It won't do both at the same time unfortunately.

There were a few bits of software that were reported to work but I can't remember what they are. I think QDSLR was one or maybe Digicamcontrol ?

I know for a fact that Maxim DL 5 works fully with the D50 as I have used it !

The main way of controlling the D50 was via an IR remote and I believe a smart phone can sometimes be persuaded to work but no viewer unless the OTG cable works. No idea, not tried that.

Dave.