Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astroberry Woes - Where's INDI Web Manager Gone?

Ian McCallum

I was having some difficulties with Astroberry yesterday, as I've no experience with Linux or the like.  I managed to get the Astroberry image flashed on to a 32GB micro SD card, then got the Pi up and running.  Whilst setting up the initial INDI web manager, by clicking the grey arrow on the left hand on the desktop - I was able to set it up.  I ticked auto start and auto connect, then connected my ZWO guide camera, after loading the drivers, etc.

I did a reboot and came back, but discovered that INDI web manager had disappeared.  In frustration, I turn off the Pi and reflashed the Astroberry image to the micro SD card, as a fresh install.  Although I go through the set up process okay, I'm still unable to find INDI web manager any more?🙄  You can see it in this screenshot from a YouTube video, that I've been following - it's just above the guy's head in the video.

Any ideas?

image_2022-01-20_221955.png

Edited by Ian McCallum

13 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Don’t worry about indi web manger, when you run Kstars and Ekos, and create a profile, then click start, it will automatically start the indi server, you should never have to start it manually, it’s just not needed, let Ekos take care of all that…

My mistake, it wasn't missing!🙄  It doesn't appear on the Astroberry desktop on the monitor, but only if you use a web browser on the remote computer (laptop, in  my case), if that makes sense?🤔  Because I'd gone from using the web browser to VNC Viewer, that's why it 'disappeared'...  Newbie mistake.🙄  Here's a screen shot of the Astroberry connected through my laptop browser, to show it's 'back'.😳

image_2022-01-21_110805.png

Edited by Ian McCallum
typo

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Can you take some screen shots of your profile and what it says when you try to connect ?

Steve

Here are some screenshots from Astroberry, KStars and Ekos.  I tried variations on a theme, either choosing host local or host remote, with PHD2 connected first or not at all (as I want to use that for guiding).  Either variations ended up the same, I had to manual click the connect button is Ekos, after first pressing the 'play button'.

2022-02-06-171532_1920x1080_scrot.png

2022-02-06-171628_1920x1080_scrot.png

2022-02-06-171703_1920x1080_scrot.png

2022-02-06-171706_1920x1080_scrot.png

2022-02-06-171718_1920x1080_scrot.png

2 minutes ago, Ian McCallum said:

I'm using on camera ST-4 guiding, would that make a difference?🤔

No, if you are trying to connect to indi, then your Ekos profile has to have at least a mount and a CCD camera connected other wise when you hit connect in Ekos, it will not work…

I've solved this particular problem (till the next one appears).🙄  What I was trying to do was to get Ekos to connect to the cameras, without having to click on the connect button.  I thought Ekos would have done this automatically, as I has set it to in the profile.  It turns out that I had to untick the Port Selector option, save the profile and that seems to have cured the problem.

2022-02-06-181756_1920x1080_scrot.png

5 minutes ago, Ian McCallum said:

I've solved this particular problem (till the next one appears).🙄  What I was trying to do was to get Ekos to connect to the cameras, without having to click on the connect button.  I thought Ekos would have done this automatically, as I has set it to in the profile.  It turns out that I had to untick the Port Selector option, save the profile and that seems to have cured the problem.

2022-02-06-181756_1920x1080_scrot.png

You just tick the Autoconnect box, then they will connect as soon as indi comes up…..👍🏼

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 18:31, Stuart1971 said:

Here

ED692FAD-04FA-46BC-879B-C25A0A8C7C39.jpeg

Change ‘Mode’ to Local on that screen, and untick Web Manager, and see if that solves your auto connect issues.

Edited by 7170