Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maxvision scopes

Please can someone give me the low down on Maxvision scopes? I understand they are imported by Ali Express and essentially the same as the Explore Scientific range?

I'm interested in the 127 triplet with FCD1 glass.

Anyone got one or used one? Will it work with a binoviewer?

Any quality issues or other to watch out for ?

• 2 weeks later...

A Maxvision Mak 150 is on my mind to complement my SW100ED, but the lack of verified information and references holds me back, since although the offer is good, the investment is great. In addition, what Louis D comments is also to be taken into account...

On 20/01/2022 at 20:44, Louis D said:

Yes, probably JOC made.  Just remember, if anything goes wrong (shipping damage, faulty optics or mechanics), you have to deal with China directly, not a local dealer.  Good luck with that.

• 1 year later...

Yes, JOC made. I have owned both the Meade version and the Maxvision version(currently Maxvision). I see no difference in performance. Both are excellent. I think we'd have to look very closely to see any measureable difference between these and a Televue or Astro-Physics scope of similar aperture.