Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher 127 Power

Hi All

I've recently purchased my first telescope a SkyWatcher 127 with the AZ-GTI mount, I have it working manually but have a couple of queries with the power supply on the mount -

1. assuming you have a working battery/power supply, is the light that comes on, green or red ?

2. I want to plug mine into our mains supply (in the back garden) does anyone know of a mains power supply adapter that definitely works ? I have tried 3 different adapters and so far they all just flash the red light ??

Before I purchase a battery/usb powerbank I'd like to know the mount actually works 🙂

All suggestions welcomed

Thanks in advance

GMan950

4 minutes ago, GMan950 said:

Hi All

I've recently purchased my first telescope a SkyWatcher 127 with the AZ-GTI mount, I have it working manually but have a couple of queries with the power supply on the mount -

1. assuming you have a working battery/power supply, is the light that comes on, green or red ?

2. I want to plug mine into our mains supply (in the back garden) does anyone know of a mains power supply adapter that definitely works ? I have tried 3 different adapters and so far they all just flash the red light ??

Before I purchase a battery/usb powerbank I'd like to know the mount actually works 🙂

All suggestions welcomed

Thanks in advance

GMan950

The flashing red light indicates the internal wi-fi is on - if you check with your phone for networks after you have turned the mount on, you should see one called Synscan_xxxx.

To control the mount you will need to download the synscan application from the google/apple store. If you have an Android phone running v11 or later, you will need to get the Synscan app directly from the Skywatcher website - the one on Google Play will crash immediately on start up. 

You can find the mount manual here:  AZ GTI manual Page 7 tells you all about the LED status indicator.

There is also a thread in another section of this forum dedicated to this mount : AZ GTI owners thread

• Like 1

Shimrod , that is perfect ! 

I already had the app on my phone but was concerned about the flashing red light on the mount.  As you and the manual confirmed though that's actually a good sign.

Many thanks

GMan950