SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show your Refractor Grab n' go Setup!

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

The Skymax 127 will be perfect on the AZ5. 👍🏻

A 125mm Doublet perhaps? 😁

https://astrograph.net/epages/www_astrograph_net.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/www_astrograph_net/Products/AGTEC125F78

That very scope. 😎 As much as the 4" ED has been a fantastic introduction to higher quality instruments, I miss the larger aperture of my previous telescopes.

2 hours ago, Franklin said:

Been putting this Vixen setup together, nearly there now, just need a garden to put it in!

20220125_170827.jpg

20220125_170856.jpg

That's a nice setup. I used to have something very similar, quite a few years ago.

ed80eq.jpg

Edited by John
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cleetus said:

The stars were fascinating but it was the famous meteorite in April 1969 that I saw from Wexford which really sowed the seed for me.

What a great story - it must have been an incredible sight.

It’s still a pretty spectacular place although the wind can be biting from there even today!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carl Au said:

My contribution, my one and only scope....

photo-359568.jpg.caf83384da01b89a6304b964b86d0436.jpg

Thats a beautiful scope Carl.  The beauty of having a single scope, is that you have to use it for everything and don't get side-tracked by swapping and changing scopes. The result is that you really start to understand just how capable your telescope really is. :thumbsup:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Thats a beautiful scope Carl.  The beauty of having a single scope, is that you have to use it for everything and don't get side-tracked by swapping and changing scopes. The result is that you really start to understand just how capable your telescope really is. :thumbsup:

And you lose the enjoyment of experiencing the capabilities, the views of other size / types of scopes that one scope won't / can't provide. Why be lazy about switching scopes depending on viewing times on any given nite, your viewing thoughts, a great change of pace that only various scopes can give. As some great person once said ' variety is the spice of life ', I don't think they were wrong !  PS. It is a great looking scope, a very capable scope.

Edited by LDW1

I'm pretty sure that being "distracted" is not the same thing as being "lazy".  I've spent countless observing hours over forty plus years moving from scope to scope, only to return to the one I started off with, finding it more pleasing, and despite its smaller aperture,  often giving a better view. Then there are some who don't want multiple scopes because of  financial constraints, or limited space, health, or simply because they are thoroughly content with the single scope they do have.  There's nothing wrong with having multiple scopes of course, but having only one scope does focus your attention on what it really is capable of, which is more often than not much more than most people might imagine.

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mikeDnight said:

I'm pretty sure that being "distracted" is not the same thing as being "lazy".  I've spent countless observing hours over forty plus years moving from scope to scope, only to return to the one I started off with, finding it more pleasing, and despite its smaller aperture,  often giving a better view. Then there are some who don't want multiple scopes because of  financial constraints, or limited space, health, or simply because they are thoroughly content with the single scope they do have.  Theres nothing wrong with having multiple scopes of course, but having only one scope does focus your attention on what it really is capable of, which is more often than not much more than most people would imagine.

Based on your comment ' sidetracked ' in your other referenced post I couldn't think of another appropriate word to use, I am glad you came up with one. Nothing wrong with having / using only one scope,  ' financial, health, storage constraints ' is maybe a different issue.  Clear Skize !

19 hours ago, Highburymark said:

TeleVue 85, hewn from granite, top all-rounder, planets, Moon, solar Ha and white light.   
Tecnosky 60ED. ultimate G&G, I use this hand-held with a night vision eyepiece. 

F76152E3-A21D-4447-B809-D0EA28E3782C.jpeg

39E5B666-928D-4479-93FB-082A725ED356.jpeg

how do you connect the Baader T2 QC ?image.png.ae645ca9554c96d9a878fb57c3671784.png

On 27/01/2022 at 14:34, LDW1 said:

And you lose the enjoyment of experiencing the capabilities, the views of other size / types of scopes that one scope won't / can't provide. Why be lazy about switching scopes depending on viewing times on any given nite, your viewing thoughts, a great change of pace that only various scopes can give. As some great person once said ' variety is the spice of life ', I don't think they were wrong !  PS. It is a great looking scope, a very capable scope.

And that folks is why I rarely post on here, thank you and good night. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Carl Au said:

And that folks is why I rarely post on here, thank you and good night. 

I do apologise Carl, can’t quite believe it’s possible to generate an argument out of thin air like that!

Stick with us, we normally do a lot better than that.

My only issue with your post is that I’d like to see a better picture of your lovely scope! 👍😀

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Here is my APM 80mm F/6 triplet on Mini-Giro mount, in tandem with the Coronado SolarMax-II 60DS

IMAG1016.thumb.jpg.c8cc23421fc509226ce2e0245a18d953.jpg

Good to see that Mini Giro still going strong Michael 👍😀

• Like 2