Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar imaging advice

edarter

Hi,

Looking for some advice as to the best approach to doing some lunar imaging. I'm using a SW130 PDS with an astro modded EOS 600d. Guiding is a SW ST80 and ASI 120 MM Mini though I appreciate I wont be able to guide while doing lunar imaging. All controlled by a laptop, NINA and PHD2. The problem I have is that I want to do an AVI and feed it in to registax etc, but NINA doesn't support video from what I understand. I thought about firecapture, but that doesn't support DSLRs! So I'm a bit stuck as to what to do other than capture single images and a lot of faffing to get them in to registax!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JSeaman said:

You can take stills and feed those into registax with autostakkert, example below because I just did it a minute ago with an R5 and Sigma 300-800 lens!

01.thumb.jpg.dcda826d65ad00d793dddcd7983ebdd0.jpg

Nice image!

Not sure I understand what you mean when you say feed them in to Registax with Autostakkert...

54 minutes ago, edarter said:

I use sharpcap with the ASI 120 to polar align. Does it support DSLRs then?

Forget DSLR and just ASI120 to capture SER movie with SharpCap.

Use AutoStakkert!3 to do lucky type stacking of moon images.

ASI120 is rather small sensor and you'll probably need to do mosaic out of couple of panels. Just capture a crater or two to practice first.

Search youtube for lucky planetary imaging tutorial to get the idea of what is involved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Forget DSLR and just ASI120 to capture SER movie with SharpCap.

Use AutoStakkert!3 to do lucky type stacking of moon images.

ASI120 is rather small sensor and you'll probably need to do mosaic out of couple of panels. Just capture a crater or two to practice first.

Search youtube for lucky planetary imaging tutorial to get the idea of what is involved.

ok thanks, will do