Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher ED72 guide scope shoe placement

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can move the position of the guidescope shoe to the other side of the telescope?

Currently it is on the same side as the ZWO eaf and it throws the system off-balance.

I see a screw there that can be removed but I don;t want to move it if it is holding something in positiojn internally.

Ha sanyone swapped the shoe over?

Thanks!

The holder can be removed but the screw you are talking about I take it is the small black Allen bolt which has the same on the other side?

If so I think this is part of the focuser which the two Allen bolts stop the focuser travel when fully out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Franklin said:

The two black bolts either side of the sticker are for the focuser, so no. You could mount the shoe on top of the tube ring though.

That's what I was thinking of doing. But I ended up mounting it on the underside of the dove tail bar. I have a skywatcher losmandy type that has many holes. Makes a quite nice neat solution.

• Like 1

aha - great info in what teh screws are there for - I suspected that they were serving a purpose I was not fully aware of - I'll leave them well alone!

Thank you all for the help - much appreciate - I'll look for an alternative - underneath might be possible for me...

• Like 1