Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Svbony 10mm eyepiece

bomberbaz

Hello everyone.

I have noticed a few comments on here regarding the Svbony UFF which are the same as several more expensive EP's from other providers

I have my mind on buying two 10mm for the bino's but wondered if anyone has managed to give them a thorough workout or even a side by side comparison against some of it's more expensive cousins.

TIA.

Steve

Hi Steve,

are you looking on CN as well?

This is a discussion of the various 10mm clones, with links to external reviews.

Also this and this discussing clones of the 18mm. Note that the 10mm and 18mm have different internal designs. And "clones" probably isn't the right word; apparently they're coming off the same production line and variously badged.

23 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

... and are no longer available on Ebay for £40 and are up to £60 on Amazon. I should have got one before Christmas. 🙄

Yes, that seems to be the price in the Svbony Amazon store. For some reason, when I search for SV190 in amazon.co.uk I can get a price of £53.18, though sourced from the US with no postage charge.

I think they were in a sale for less than that until rising recently. Perhaps because we keep talking about them?

I forgot to say that I have a pair of them which I use in both cyclops mode and with a binoviewer.

It's a lovely little eyepiece that's bright and sharp and I think you'd struggle to find anything significantly better without spending a lot more money. That said, I haven't got all the experience of looking through high-end eyepieces that some SGL members have so I can't make specific comparisons.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, banjaxed said:

I have used the red line SvBony 20mm eyepieces in my binoviewers and IMO they are very clear and impressive, easily as good as my WO eyepieces.

Agreed, see my post about them here in a BV.  With the right 2x (or 1.5x perhaps) Barlow ahead of the BV, it should be possible to get them to operate at about the 10mm level.

Received my pair from amazon. Problem now is weather is naff for foreseeable.

However I can try them on terrestrial targets, some distant hilltops, tree etc. See what feedback that gives me  as well as assess my new mounts stability at the same time.

• Like 1

I bought both the 10mm and 18mm when they first came on the scene. The 10 from eBay and the 18mm from Amazon. I have only got good things to say about them both and I’m pleased to have bought them. These are my first venture into the Flat field eyepieces so I can’t compare that aspect with any other makes. 

• Thanks 1