Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi, I am joining from Mississauga, Canada today. I thought it would be nice to say 'Hello everybody'!

skywindsurfer

Hello everyone, I have just joined this group.  The beauty of the universe has been fascinating me since my young years.  One summer, I was sailing with friends in some beautiful lake district in north eastern part of Poland, and resting through the night on some pristine island full of rare cormorants.  The sky was dark and full of stars and someone from some other boat brought and set up a small refractor.  When we saw Saturn and Jupiter for our first time we were enchanted and speechless.  It was simply magical.  But as often in life, sometimes it takes years until one can fulfill a dream.  Fast forward many long years, and now I am across the ocean, in Canada, and I am finally trying to fulfill that dream of mine.  I did some stargazing but I have been really trying to get into astro-photography, as I would love to capture those beautiful emission nebulae and hopefully get my kids excited as well.  I have been planning to finally take my first serious shots this year and I have just scheduled my days off work till the end of 2022 (and all of them are around the new moon phase).  I have some decent deep-sky scope and mount, but I will be starting with a more forgiving setup first: astro-modded Canon6D with Askar 200mm f/4 astro lens, the Radian Triad Ultra narrowband filter, on Star Adventurer Pro 2i mount, with a small ZWO autoguider (ASI120MM-S, 30F4), and controlled from my laptop with PHD2, BackyardEOS... Hopefully I am going in the right direction... I am excited and I am scared at the same time... Anyway, I am joining this group as I have seen a lot of interesting posts and articles here that you are all kind to share and help others with.  I hope that one day I will be able to contribute and help others too.   Clear skies everyone!

Edited by skywindsurfer
  • Like 7

Thank you all.  I am thrilled to be here. 

Well, I am still trying to finalize that setup, and I am still working in some areas (e.g. turning it to be fully portable and replacing laptop with raspberry pi, or testing my iPolar cam with different apps like SharpCap, or modifying that not-so-perfect Star Adventurer polarscope illuminator etc.) while anxiously waiting for getting finally some acceptable weather to start imagining.

I have a couple of technical questions, for which I am not able to find any answers so far, but I guess I will have to post them in the proper forum.

Thanks again, clear skies!

Welcome to SGL! from just 45min east of you along the 401 (and up the 404 a bit) 😆 if you ever want to meet up for some observing just PM me, great to have you here!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 1