Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SCT 9.25 advice

Hi 

is there anyone on here who owns the 9.25 Evo, just wondered how this might compare tit he 9.25 AVX - I’m assuming one is better for observation and one for AP but there a good £300 price difference also?

any hep would be appreciated 😊

On 18/01/2022 at 20:47, Beardy30 said:

Hi 

is there anyone on here who owns the 9.25 Evo, just wondered how this might compare tit he 9.25 AVX - I’m assuming one is better for observation and one for AP but there a good £300 price difference also?

any hep would be appreciated 😊

There have been some recent price rises for Celestron kit and they may still be settling down a bit. WEX has the 9.25 Evolution for £2,469 which is cheaper than FLO and the AVX 9.25 if you decide to go that way. 

Apart from the obvious mount difference, the Evolution has built in battery and wifi - which at Celestron accessory prices would make a bit of a difference in price.

9 hours ago, Beardy30 said:

Do you feel the AVX would be the better long term buy should the AP bug bite 

It's certainly a better mount for AP as you are not worrying about field rotation on longer exposures - you could certainly get away with lunar or planetary imaging with the Evolution though.  It's also possibly to get a wedge for the Evolution to enable long exposure imaging, but having had one for an Meade LX90 I would really only recommend that for a permanent set up on a scope of that size.