Narrowband

Comet Lulin animation

I took about 50 minutes worth of 15 second exposures doing EP projection and the stacked picture I got wasn't very good so I tried to make an animation using GIMP but couldn't do it. Then I found windows movie maker and put about 10 frames in there. You can see the very dim comet in the middle moving to the left. Better than nothing I suppose!

COMET_0001.zip

Jamie

COMET_0001.zip

Jamie, That's pretty good. It's there and it's clearly moving. I'm not sure about in GIMP, but I suspect it's the same. You should be able to align the individual frame together, by keeping them in layers, then dragging each layer around. This would put all the stars in the same locations, leaving only the comment moving. I had to do the same thing.

Thanks alot for the advice John, I'll give it a try sometime. I am glad I got something of the comet and I really wanted to do an animation. It was hard finding the comet doing EP projection because I couldn't see anything on the Canon screen, I was outside for about 4 and a half hours, easily my longest night out. Looking forward to the next one!

Cheers

Archived