SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Green cast and colour balance

There is a green cast to my images. I believe it's because there is an extra green in the Bayer matrix (RGGB).

Is the idea to always line up the separate RGB channels at the start of  the histogram in the area marked to achieve a true colour balance?

IMG_20220117_081537.thumb.jpg.ec00d227cdef7e0dee1641345df43cf8.jpg

This is as close as I can get. The lines will not come any closer together for me.

IMG_20220117_081635.thumb.jpg.a4d4ba2be6d0d11ef52f0e42b4c0cb7f.jpg

I'm using Adobe Lightroom on my phone. Camera is ASI533MC Pro with UV/IR cut filter.

Edited by Pitch Black Skies

When I do this, I line them up as a whole. There will be differences in height and shape of each column. Very rare to line them  up perfectly.  If you  have prewiev of both the image and the histogram updates itself as you drag the sliders,  its just a matter of taste. 

In Gimp I use the Color -> Levels for the one overweigt channel to do this, usually I just move the mid point. I also have had some luck with the Color -> Components -> Channel Mixer.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rallemikken said:

When I do this, I line them up as a whole. There will be differences in height and shape of each column. Very rare to line them  up perfectly.  If you  have prewiev of both the image and the histogram updates itself as you drag the sliders,  its just a matter of taste. 

In Gimp I use the Color -> Levels for the one overweigt channel to do this, usually I just move the mid point. I also have had some luck with the Color -> Components -> Channel Mixer.

Cheers, I've lining them up as a whole like you said. Definitely looks better.

5 hours ago, Rallemikken said:

You should actually move top slider.

Balancing is done in linear mode. Moving top and bottom slider preserves linearity while moving middle - changes gamma / does non linear stretch.

• Like 1