Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI2600 mc pro Temp Stability

simmo39

Hi, I have only had this camera for a about a month and havent really had chance to push it due to health reasons, so I have only been dark frame stuff and a few short goes outside at easier targets. One thing I have noticed is that when I set the temp for - 10 it gets there no problem but then goes up and down by about 0.1 to 0.3 of a Degree. On my ASI 1600 I set -20 on that and it seems to sit there with no drift. Is this a problem/fault or is it something to just about this camera I have to live with? From the few images I have taken all seems ok ( apart from my poor processing skills with OSC ).

20 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Don't have this model but both my 183mc and 071 fluctuate by about the same amount, maybe even a bit more. I have had mine some time so I don't really see it as an issue, it doesn't appear to be to me.

Alan

Hi and thanks for the reply. I was just wondering as my ASI 1600 seems so stable. Thanks for putting my mind to rest.

2 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

Hi and thanks for the reply. I was just wondering as my ASI 1600 seems so stable. Thanks for putting my mind to rest.

Mine do go up and down, say it is set at minus 5 it varies between 4.7 and 5.3 not quickly but over say 3-4 minutes. In fact it rarely reads minus5.

Alan