Narrowband

Beelink U59 or Mele Quieter2 Mini PC?

Hi All,

So. I can now afford (thanks to Amazon vouchers), either the Beelink U59 or Mele Quieter2 mini PC. But which should I go with?

As a refresher, It'll be connected to an EQ3 mount, An ASI183MC camera and a DIY autofocuser running NINA. All post processing work will be done by my main rig inside. Connection will be from Windows RDP over Wi-Fi.

Cheers

Daz

I run my scope with the compute stick version of the Quieter2 -Win10 & Skytools4 mostly, but have dabbled with Ekos and APT for imaging…It works fine…But the Mele has a slower processor and slower eMMC storage than the Beelink which has an SSD- so I’d expect it to run a little quicker. You may not need the additional performance, but if it’s available for the same cost as the Mele, then I think I’d choose the Beelink…

I used attached it to a monitor, keyboard and mouse directly for first set up- but I didn’t look for alternatives so I don’t know how straight forward it would be to do a completely headless initial setup…It may be possible, but I took the easy option😁

I picked up the Mele Quieter2 mini PC last week. I first installed Jump Desktop on it (my remote access software of choice) and then the rest I did headless - all worked fine.

I'm running CDC, SynScan Pro mount controller, ASPS and SharpCap. It all runs nicely, platesolving and live stacking - very pleased with it after a monster-battle trying to get Stellarmate working lol.

On 15/01/2022 at 21:18, dazzystar said:

either the Beelink U59 or Mele Quieter2 mini PC

I am not a (nearly said "fan") admirer of PCs with moving parts for outside use. I believe the Mele does not have a fan. I'd go with that.

2 hours ago, pete_l said:

I am not a (nearly said "fan") admirer of PCs with moving parts for outside use. I believe the Mele does not have a fan. I'd go with that.

Too late...The U59 is virtually silent and more powerful. Plus Amazon had an incredible deal, 16GB 512GB SATA for £262