Narrowband

Moon, northern half, 12th January 2022

lukebl

I rarely do lunar imaging but I stayed up late last night (well, late for me) to try and capture a transit of the ISS across the moon. It was predicted to be a good transit, with the ISS at its closest and consequently quite big. I had it set up perfectly, and did a bit of lunar imaging to while away the time. I then realised I'd got the day wrong, it was tonight, not last night!

So tonight I got ready again, only to find that the ISS has done one of its orbit corrections (to stop it falling to earth, basically), and there's not going to be a transit after all! Anyway, I thought I may as well process the captures from last night and I was quite pleased with the result. This is a mosaic of 8 captures with a ZWO ASI290MM Mini, 2x TAL Barlow, 200mm f/5 Newt. 1000-frame AVIs, best 50% processed in Autostakkert.

51818800878_bf7d349eb7_3k.jpg

And a detail of Copernicus:

51818675826_d717088b19_c.jpg

• Like 6