Narrowband

Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox 2 power cable

philhilo

I bit the bullet and got a Pegasus UPB 2 but am dismayed with the power cable (especially when paying £519). XT60 connector to cigarette lighter or 5.1mm jack, but the cable is horrible stiff plastic, and in low temps like last night became more of a stick! I previously used a Hi-tec astro box with a lovely silicone cable. I am certain this imapcts guiding so has anyone sourced or DIY'd a silicone upgrade?

Cheers,

Phil

I've just bought one as well but won't be using the cigar plug one. Ordered some XT60 connectors with wire tails and will be soldering to my existing cable. I believe I shortened a dew strap and used the excess cable to run power to everything. It stays quite flexible so I believe its silicone.

Can’t say I’ve had any issues with the cable and routed correctly I don’t think it will impact guiding at all - it doesn’t impede mount movement at all. I think it is a good quality, robust cable? I’m quite happy with the cigarette lighter plug also, works perfectly fine :)

Unless it breaks I won’t be changing it…

On 14/01/2022 at 20:07, david_taurus83 said:

I've just bought one as well but won't be using the cigar plug one. Ordered some XT60 connectors with wire tails and will be soldering to my existing cable. I believe I shortened a dew strap and used the excess cable to run power to everything. It stays quite flexible so I believe its silicone.

Thats my thought as not seen any alternatives. Don't want to butcher my HiTec Astro 4 way dew and power box, but that lovely red silicone cable is the way forward. Plastic at -2c was so stiff. 

On 14/01/2022 at 21:33, dannybgoode said:

Can’t say I’ve had any issues with the cable and routed correctly I don’t think it will impact guiding at all - it doesn’t impede mount movement at all. I think it is a good quality, robust cable? I’m quite happy with the cigarette lighter plug also, works perfectly fine :)

Unless it breaks I won’t be changing it…

I have it tucked away but it won't even stay in the cable cover it is so stiff when cold, has to be taped in. It certainly helped when I moved to a silicone cable before.